Open to all who enjoy singing - no experience necessary
When & Where
Wednesday Evenings 6:30-8:30pm
Doors open at 6:15pm (please arrive by 6:20 on your first night)
Eildon Croquet Club
Cnr of Oxley Ave and Hornibrook Esp
Woody Point, Qld, Australia (see to the right or below)
$5.5/$8.50 per session First time is Free
No experience necessary! Just an enjoyment of music and a desire to create gorgeous sounds with others. No auditions and you don't need to be able to read music. So you think you can't sing? - Read an explanation of how we truly all can sing.
Check out the Songs We Sing
Chunky Harmonies Choir Etiquette/FAQ
All Choirs have slightly different etiquette, so I thought I would put ours down to ease any anxiety/stress about breaking "unwritten rules".
- Aim to arrive by 6:20 - this gives you enough time to sign in/pay & and have a chat. If you can arrive earlier to help set-up you will gain credits in choir heaven :).
- If you can't arrive by 6:25, or arrive after we have started, please go straight to your seat and sign in/pay during the break; it can be very distracting/difficult to focus on warm-ups if people are moving about.
2) What to do when another section is learning their part
- If you have already learnt your part you can usually sing it under your breath/at quarter volume. Assume I am happy for you to do this unless I tell you otherwise
- Mark the beat with your feet or hands. Chant the rhythm of the other part under your breath (at least half our songs have the same rhythm across all parts, I will let you know if they are different)
- Chill out, notice your breathing, do a body scan/progressive muscle relaxation, feel the floor against your feet, read over words,
- If you need to have a quick word with someone next to you about the song, please keep it at quarter volume. Please leave any other talking for the tea break.
3) If you can't make every session
I'm keen for the choir to be shift-worker friendly so you are still welcome to come, even if you can't make every session.
Generally any new piece/section of a song takes two sessions to learn. If you miss one or both you have 3 main options:
- Download the practice recordings available once you have signed up for the choir.
- If you have a quick ear, you may be able to keep up without referencing the practice recordings, but make sure you listen well to the others in you section to ensure you are with them
- Sit back and just enjoy everyone else singing the songs you aren't sure of and join in the ones you know.